Last night in the battle of beer cities, the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers battled it out at Miller Park. In an odd game, starter Jake Westbrook hit a grand slam to help his own cause in leading the Redbirds to an 8-3 victory. However, the strangest moment came in the bottom of the third inning when Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun falls after rounding third base on a long drive that kicked off the wall in left-center field. Trying for his first inside-the-park homer, Braun steamed around third but lost his footing and fell flat on his stomach. He scrambled to get up, then fell again, settling for an RBI triple that tied the game, for the moment. If the YouTube video gets yanked, view it HERE from MLB.COM.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate