It has not been a good summer for Florida Marlins left fielder Logan Morrison. He’s been attacked by a praying mantis (see video) and last night he was optioned to the Triple-A New Orleans Zephyrs. Morrison, probably more well-known as @LoMoMarlins is one of Twitter’s most prolific, entertaining and popular baseball tweeps with nearly 60,000 followers. Following the resignation of manager Edwin Rodriguez in June, Morrison was reprimanded by the team for comments he posted on his Twitter account. LoMo hosted 352 tweeps at a Marlins games last week. Not surprisingly, Morrison said he feels “resentment” and “anger” over the decision. Morrison had been struggling offensively and defensively in recent weeks, hitting .230 in his last 38 games. Overall, Morrison is hitting .249 with 17 home runs and 60 RBI.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers