One of my favorite aspects of baseball is the way we dice and slice all sorts of individual and team statistics. Tuesday night Fox Sports Midwest noted the St. Louis Cardinals haven’t stolen a base since June 9 against the Houston Astros. That means the Cardinals have now gone 32 games without swiping a base. So what’s the big deal? How about a little perspective: there have been 688 stolen bases in the majors since June 10, and the Redbirds do not have one of them. I remember the days when the Cardinals were known for literally flying around the bases, but this team seems built on the long ball. To be fair, the Cardinals rank 28 out of 30 in stolen base success. So if you’re not good at something by this point in the season, I’m sure manager Tony La Russa’s thinking is that the team should stick to its strengths.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers