Tonight Showtime debuts “The Franchise: A Season with the San Francisco Giants,” a new docu-series that follows the 2010 World Series champions as they defend their title in 2011. The eight-episode series covers the players, coaches, manager, front office and ownership during the off-season, spring training and the 2011 regular season. We’re promised this sports reality show will give us “unprecedented access” with “a candid look at the struggles, relationships and day-to-day lives of Major League Baseball players.” Of course, all the usual suspects will be featured from Tim Lincecum to Aubrey Huff and Brian Wilson aka The Beard. Will we get a special appearance by The Machine? Considering how wacky the World Champs have been during the past year, one wonders if a TV series can really capture that sponteneous magic that just happens when everything falls into place.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Videos: Josh Hamilton & Texas Rangers Tarp Sliding at Camden Yards
- Video: New Reds Joey Votto This is SportsCenter Commercial