When the Toronto Blue Jays rallied from a 4-0 deficit to defeat Cliff Lee and the Philadelphia Phillies, it not only snapped Lee’s streak of 34 consecutive scoreless innings, but also marked the first time that Lee had lost a game in which he had a lead of four or more runs. According to Elias Sports Bureau, prior to Sunday’s loss at Rogers Centre, Lee was 69-0 in 77 career starts when spotted four or more. Lee, who had not allowed a home run in 49 innings, gave up three in the Jays four-run eighth inning. If a streak is going to end, it might as well end hard! Still, Lee managed nine strikeouts over 7 and 1/3 innings. Here’s a video, highlighting all nine Ks.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate