Here’s a unique twist on bobblehead day promotion. On June 12th, the Chicago White Sox will be giving away bobbleheads of Rogger Bossard, the heads groundskeepers for the club and a member of the organization since 1967 — he started when he was 17! Considering that the White Sox currently boast the worst record in baseball, it’s probably better that they opt out of player bobbleheads. Oh, another bit of advice: give them to the U. S. Cellular Field fans AFTER the game. Based on the way the season is going, it’s entirely possible that we’ll Bobblehead Demolition Day! (I’m certain Bossard still has nightmares of Disco Demolition Day in 1979.) And, we wouldn’t want to see that beautiful turf that Roger works so hard to perfect damaged on his special day.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers