Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mike Leake spoke publicly for the first time today after prosecutors accepted a plea deal reducing the shoplifting charges against him from a Misdemeanor 4 to a Misdemeanor 1. Leake plead guilty and will enter a “diversion program” that will include 30 hours of community service and counseling. When he completes the program, the case will be dismissed. (Leake starts talking to the media at 0:50 of the into the report.) Check out my first story on the charges brought against him by Macy’s in connection with six t-shirts valued at less than $60, complete with his mug shot. Good for him for accepting responsibility and moving on.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers