The Iowa Cubs home opener against the Memphis Redbirds Saturday was anything but routine after a horrific collision between two Redbirds outfielders in the bottom of the 1st inning. As you can see from this VIDEO, it is not for the faint of heart. Andrew Brown returned to the team hotel after being diagnosed with a concussion. While Shane Robinson spent the night in the hospital in Des Moines suffering from a concussion and facial fractures. Robinson, who will have surgery after returning to Memphis, was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals out of Florida State University in the fifth round of the June 2006 First-Year Player Draft.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers
Pingback: Major Head Injury In The Minor Leagues « The Concussion Blog