Tuesday night marked my highly anticipated return to Coors Field to see the Colorado Rockies take on the Los Angeles Dodgers. After settling in on a beautiful night, I received a most unwelcome jolt as Troy Tulowitzki was announced to lead-off the second inning and Justin Bieber’s “Baby” is blasting on the Coors Field loudspeakers. Really? I know Tulo participated in a contest asking fans to pick his walk-up song, but this is ridiculous. I’m well aware that Tulo started with an 0-8 slump using the fan’s first pick Katy Perry’s “Firework” — but this was the second choice? Some will be quick to mention that the Rox All-Star Shortstop broke with his slump by smacking one over the way during his second at-bat. C’mon! Like Tulo’s bat is really going to be silent for the whole season! I expect that this situation will be remedied by the time the Rox return home after their first road trip.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate