Those darn closers always say the craziest things. During a post-game interview, San Diego Padres closer Heath Bell, upon hearing that Cameron Maybin, the hero of the Padres’ Opening Day 11th-inning victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, had cramps, twisted the diagnosis into something a little more seemly – crabs. Maybin, who joined the Padres in the off-season, hit the game-tying home run with two outs in the ninth and then, with a single moved the go-ahead run to third in the 11th. When he came up limping, he was lifted for a pinch runner. I’m sensing that Heath has been watching all the love fellow NL West and San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson has been getting and now wants a piece of the action. Well, Heath, you’re on your way! (Don’t miss the end when Bell offers to “go to pick ’em off.”)
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Videos: Josh Hamilton & Texas Rangers Tarp Sliding at Camden Yards
- Video: New Reds Joey Votto This is SportsCenter Commercial