Yet another strange injury. Dontrelle Willis left the Cincinnati Reds’ 7-6 victory over the Chicago Cubs after spraining his right ankle after he tripped over a bat! Willis, trying to win a spot in the Reds’ bullpen as a non-roster invitee, was injured while backing up home plate in the fifth inning after the Cubs Bobby Scales hit a two-run single. He limped back toward the pitcher’s mound, and was taken out of the game before facing another batter. The big left-hander recorded just one out Saturday and was charged with four runs, two earned. Willis had been on a roll entering the game, having pitched scoreless two-inning outings his last two times on the hill.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate