Just like Game 3 of the 2008 World Series, Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon decided to use of his favorite tricks against the Philadelphia Phillies Sunday. The Phillies had runners on second and third with one out in a tie game when Maddon had Rays left fielder Russell Canzler move from left field to third base to give Tampa Bay a five-man infield. Third baseman J.J. Furmaniak, shortstop Tim Beckham and second baseman Daniel Mayora shifted as Phillies catcher Joel Naughton stepped to the plate. And just like the 2008 World Series, the Rays got burned after Naughton singled to right field to score Ross Gload to win the game, 4-3. Watch it fly over three Rays infielders HERE.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate