Kansas City Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar was scratched from Sunday’s lineup after a bug bite caused an infection on his right arm. The Royals say Escobar is being treated with antibiotics and is expected to miss a few days. (As soon as I get a pic of the devilish bite, I’ll update this post.) Lance Zawadzki replaced Escobar in Sunday’s lineup against the Chicago White Sox. Manager New Yost said Escobar’s arm was swollen and had red streaks after he scratched it. Escobar was one of the four players the Royals received from the Milwaukee Brewers in the trade for ace pitcher Zack Greinke. Escobar is projected to be the starting shortstop and is hitting .300 in spring training. So if you’re looking for a way to take a few days off this summer, keep the “bug bite” excuse in your files.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate