St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright, who finished second in the National League Cy Young Award race last season, left Cardinals camp in Jupiter, Fla. and returned to St. Louis to have his pitching elbow examined. General manager John Mozeliak told news reporters that the elbow injury is “significant.” Based on the grim early reports, Wainwright is likely headed for Tommy John ligament replacement surgery, which would be a devastating blow for the Cardinals. Suddenly, the 1-2 punch of Wainwright and Chris Carpenter is gone. Wainwright finished the 2010 campaign with a 20-11 record and a 2.42 ERA, missing his last start. An elbow examination in November showed no structural problems, and Mozeliak reports that the latest problem was discovered after Wainwright threw a bullpen session in Jupiter. An update on Wainwright’s prognosis later today. And, the Redbirds thought Albert Pujols contract was going to be the main distraction in 2011.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Baywatch Gone Bad: Florida Marlins Rookie Hazing Videos + Pictures
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
Join 222 other subscribers