Due to the high winds during the ‘Blizzard of 2011’, a portion of a structural panel above the press box at Wrigley Field “broke away” Tuesday night, scattering debris outside the iconic ball park, officials said. Chicago police cordoned off streets and sidewalks around the park, while Chicago Cubs officials worked with the city to monitor the situation and ensure there weren’t any public safety issues, Cubs spokesman Peter Chase said. No injuries were reported from the falling panel made of fiber board. Chicago Cubs fans are probably busy interpreting the what this mean for the 2011 season. Is it yet another jinx?
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate