This past June, the Chicago Crosstown Rivalry took a new turn when Chicago Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano launched a dugout tirade against teammate Derrek Lee after the first inning during the opener against the Chicago White Sox. Zambrano had to be separated from teammate Derrek Lee in the visitors’ dugout after surrendering four runs to the Sox in the bottom of the first inning at U.S. Cellular Field. It was unclear what upset Zambrano, but his frustration was directed at Lee. The two were face to face before manager Lou Piniella and others intervened. Zambrano also walked up and down the dugout shouting and knocked over a Gatorade cooler before Piniella told him to go home. Big Z ultimately was suspended for six games and the Cubs continued their en route to another losing season. Interestingly, Lee was traded to the Atlanta Braves and Piniella announced his retirement during the next few weeks. Coincidence?
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Videos: Josh Hamilton & Texas Rangers Tarp Sliding at Camden Yards
- Video: New Reds Joey Votto This is SportsCenter Commercial