The San Francisco Giants’ comeback victory in Game 4 against the Atlanta Braves to clinch the NLDS preserved a dream pitching match-up as well as the overall rotation for the NLCS against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Giants will send Tim Lincecum, who would have started a Game 5 had the Braves won, to face Roy Halladay in Game 1 of the NLCS in Philadelphia. Halladay, of course, threw a no-hitter against the Cincinnati Reds in Game 1 of that NLDS, while Lincecum answered with a two-hit, 14-strikeout complete-game shutout against the Braves in Game 1 of that series. Even better, the other matchups between Roy Oswalt v. Matt Cain (Game 2) and Cole Hamels v. Jonathan Sanchez (Game 3) will stay in place. UPDATE: Giants manager Bruce Bochy has switched rotation: Sanchez will start Game 2, followed by Cain in Game 3. Will this series deliver? Highly likely, but, in the end, I believe the Phillies’ big bats will ultimately win over the Giants.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Pictures: LA Angels Rookie Hazing Day: Mike Trout Dressed as Lady GaGa and more!
- Video: Tim Lincecum to Ryan Howard "You Stay There!!!"
- Pictures: Houston Astros Rookie Hazing in Chicago!
- Picture: Los Angeles Dodgers Rookie Hazing Spartacus Style
- Pictures: Oakland A's Rookie Hazing Bumble Bees and Wolverines, Oh My!