Bobby Cox managed his last game Monday night before nearly 9,000 empty seats at Turner Field. The San Francisco Giants beat the Atlanta Braves, 3-2, to win their NLDS series 3-1. The Giants advance to the NLCS for the first time since 2002 and will face the defending NL Champion Philadelphia Phillies. The Braves played before a standing-room only crowd of 53,000+ on Sunday, but could only draw 44,532 for Game 4 and what would be their beloved manager’s last game. Maybe Atlanta fans have good reason to stay away: the Braves now have lost six straight post-season series, fourth longest in MLB history and they are 0-8 in elimination games at Turner Field. Cox finishes his career with 2,504 regular-season wins, but just one World Series ring in 16 playoff appearances (15 with the Braves and 1 with the Toronto Blue Jays). So, long Bobby and thanks for being a class act.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Baywatch Gone Bad: Florida Marlins Rookie Hazing Videos + Pictures
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
Join 222 other subscribers