After almost being called out on a controversial check swing, Texas Rangers’ third baseman Michael Young crushed the next pitch for a three-run dinger to give the Rangers a 5-0 lead in the fifth inning of Game 2 of the ALDS against the Tampa Bay Rays. While the Rangers’ dugout was celebrating with “F-Yeahs” caught by TBS, the uncharacteristically sold-out crowd at the Tropicana Dome was incensed as replays showed that Young clearly swung through the previous pitch as he was making his home-run trot. That brought Rays’ Manager Joe Maddon storming out of the dugout to argue with the umpires getting him tossed out of the game. No matter the impotent Rays’ offense could only muster two hits in getting shut down again by the Rangers, 6-0, who head back to the Ballpark at Arlington with a commanding 2-0 lead in the five-game series. Of course, now people are calling for instant replay for every pitch. OK, let’s turn a three-hour game into a six-hour plus snoozefest.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Baywatch Gone Bad: Florida Marlins Rookie Hazing Videos + Pictures
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
Join 222 other subscribers