Scratch ALDS to October in the above video…. As if it were bad enough that the Minnesota Twins somehow still ended up facing the New York Yankees in the ALDS, now comes the news that even if they somehow overcome their playoff nemesis, All-Star first baseman Justin Morneau won’t join them in later rounds. Morneau, who got knocked in the head while sliding into second on July 7 in Toronto, had been optimistic last week after taking batting practice and some light fielding. All that ended up being too good to be true. So while the Twins will host the Yanks in the first two playoffs at Target Field in balmy 70-degree weather, a cold, bitter wind just blew through the North Star State today.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Videos: Josh Hamilton & Texas Rangers Tarp Sliding at Camden Yards
- Video: New Reds Joey Votto This is SportsCenter Commercial