Even though Josh Hamilton sat out a month, the Texas Rangers’ outfielder leads the major leagues in batting (.360) and slugging percentage (.636), has 32 home runs, tying a career high, and 100 runs batted in. Those statistics are meaningless to Hamilton and the Rangers if he can’t perform during the playoffs. The soon-to-be-crowned AL Batting Champion, and likely MVP, who suffered two small fractured ribs on September 4, finally returned to the Rangers line-up Friday night and went 0-4. Saturday night was a different story. In helping the Rangers defeat the Los Angeles Angels, 6-2, Hamilton got his mojo back with a go-ahead dinger in the fifth inning, a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning, giving him the magic 100 as well as a single in the eighth. While Hamilton is limited to the DH role for the time being, as long as he is active, the Rangers have a chance during the ALDS.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Minnesota Twins Rookie Hazing Pictures
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- San Francisco Giants Brian Wilson: "I Want to RAGE Right Now!"
- Holy Cow! Harry Caray Statue Tagged! Another Omen for 2011 Season?
- Video: Twins Joe Mauer Sings in 'Explore Minnesota' Advertisement
- Pictures: LA Angels Rookie Hazing Day: Mike Trout Dressed as Lady GaGa and more!