It was a strange night in St. Petersburg, Florida Wednesday for the Tampa Bay Rays’ last regular season home game in 2010. First, the night after the Rays clinched its second playoff spot in three years, the team GAVE AWAY 20,000 tickets to fill the house for the game. “Fans” began lining up outside the Trop several hours before game time. Rays’ executives, who were proud of themselves for selling out the smallest baseball stadium, said the allotment of free tickets was exhausted about 45 minutes before the first pitch against the Baltimore Orioles. It’s truly pathetic that the team that currently sports MLB’s BEST RECORD and one of the most exciting collection of young players receives such little local support. On the plus side, after losing to the O’s, 2-0, rookie Rays looked like they were ready for a Halloween party as they strutted their stuff during the annual hazing ritual. What do you think? It’s definitely better than a drag show.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers