Blake Hawksworth received some good news today after a CT scan was negative. The St. Louis Cardinals’ reliever was released from a Chicago hospital Sunday after taking a line drive to the face during the Cardinals – Chicago Cubs game Saturday afternoon. Take a look at the video. The Canadian righty entered the game in the fifth inning to relieve starter Chris Carpenter. After striking out Cubs’ left fielder Alfonso Soriano, Hawksworth, a liner off the bat of center fielder Sam Fuld. Hawksworth spent several minutes on the field, but walked off under his own power. His handsome mug though did receive about 20 stitches.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers