Ubaldo Jimenez had two long streaks stopped Wednesday night by those pesky Arizona Diamondbacks. The Colorado Rockies’ hard-throwing righthander gave up home runs to shortstop Stephen Drew and first baseman Adam LaRoche, ending his run of 84 consecutive starts without allowing more than one home run, which was the longest streak since Orel Hershiser went 90 starts without allowing more than one dinger from 1989 to 1993. Worse for the Rox, Jimenez failed to complete five innings after being staked to a four-run lead while the team is in the thick of the playoff race. Previously, Jimenez was 27-0 with two no decisions in games in which he was given a lead of four or more runs. The Rox couldn’t muster anymore offense and lost 8-4.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Minnesota Twins Rookie Hazing Pictures
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- San Francisco Giants Brian Wilson: "I Want to RAGE Right Now!"
- Holy Cow! Harry Caray Statue Tagged! Another Omen for 2011 Season?
- Video: Twins Joe Mauer Sings in 'Explore Minnesota' Advertisement
- Pictures: LA Angels Rookie Hazing Day: Mike Trout Dressed as Lady GaGa and more!