Matt Capps pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning to wrap up the Twins’ 6-4 victory over the Cleveland Indians for his 15th save since he was acquired from the Washington Nationals on July 29. Most importantly, the Twins’ win, before another sell-out crowd at Target Field, combined with the Chicago White Sox’s 7-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics gave the Twins the AL Central title. The righthanded reliever, who had 26 saves for the Nationals this year, is only the third pitcher to record 15 or more saves for two different teams in a season. The others to do so were Jeff Shaw in 1998 (Cincinnati Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers) and Bob Wickman in 2006 (Indians and Atlanta Braves).
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers