The International League champion Columbus Clippers ended the Minor League Baseball season by breezing to another easy postseason win in the Triple-A National Championship Game. Leftfielder Jerad Head went 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles and four RBI to lead a 19-hit attack Tuesday as Columbus crushed the Tacoma Rainiers, 12-6, before 7,525 fans at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark in Oklahoma City. The lopsided win was typical for the Clippers during the postseason — the Cleveland Indians’ top farm team outscored their opponents, 71-30, in nine playoff games in 2010. They became the second straight IL representative to win the Triple-A title after the Pacific Coast League took the first three series. The Rainiers, the top farmers for the Seattle Mariners, had to play their final 13 games on the road due to renovations at Cheney Stadium. They won eight, including three in a row over the Memphis Redbirds to sweep to their first PCL championship since 2001. Eight Clippers had at least two hits, led by Head, who was named MVP after batting .485 with 15 RBIs in nine postseason games.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Target Field 'Scary, Literally Scary' Spruce Trees Evicted!
- Video: Boston Red Sox Dustin Pedroia Sandwich ESPN Commercial
- Video: Cubs Fans Caught on TV Showing "Interest" in Girls in Front of Them at Wrigley Field!
- Picture: Chicago Cubs Rookie Hazing 2011 Class Photo!
Join 222 other subscribers