Forget that the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Atlanta Braves 3-1 Monday night to extend their in the NL East to four games. Check out the video below and you’ll see the real story happened in the seventh inning when Braves left fielder Matt Diaz helped tackle a costumed Philadelphia Phillies fan who ran onto the field at Citizens Bank Park. The fan, wearing a red spandex suit with a red mask, jogged onto the field and was chased by security guards for several seconds. After a guard slipped for the second time, Diaz coolly banged his knee into the back of the fan’s knee, knocking him down. The guards then apprehended the fan. Many will recall that Citizens Bank Park security guards received national attention (and some criticism) after a teenager who ran onto the field was subdued with a stun gun this season. Diaz got an ovation from the crowd and received high-fives from teammates in the dugout. “I saw this idiot coming right at me,” Diaz said. “I figured he’d be better off getting tripped than Tased.” Great job, Matt! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGc62b0d8sA
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Videos: Josh Hamilton & Texas Rangers Tarp Sliding at Camden Yards
- Video: New Reds Joey Votto This is SportsCenter Commercial