Even though it’s a hallow victory, the Chicago Cubs are suddenly road warriors, winning six straight, including their first sweep of the Cardinals in St. Louis since 1988. Now the Wrigley Field-attending masochists have even more to cheer about in September. The Chicago White Sox, who were in the thick of a playoff race two weeks ago have self-destructed, at home no less. In some kind of perverse symbiotic balance, the Pale Sox are losers of six straight after Sunday night’s 11-inning loss to the Detroit Tigers. After dropping all three to the division-leading Minnesota Twins at US Cellular Field, the South Siders now have been swept in back-to-back series for the first time since Toronto, Baltimore and Detroit did it in succession in May 1989.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers