Chris Volstad surrendered only five hits in a complete-game shutout of the St. Louis Cardinals Monday afternoon. The game, which was a make-up of a rainout on August 8, clocked in at 1 hour and 52 minutes, beating the old Marlins’ record for fastest game by two minutes. Volstad, who secured his second career shutout, stopped the Marlins’ six-game losing streak – all at home. Brad Davis’ grand slam not only was his first, but also the first by a Marlins’ catcher. Yes, those Redbirds helped the Marlins set not one, but two franchise records this balmy afternoon! Moreover, the Cardinals continued their maddening descent in oblivion since their brief reign in first in mid-August, by dropping yet another game to a losing opponent.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Minnesota Twins Rookie Hazing Pictures
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- San Francisco Giants Brian Wilson: "I Want to RAGE Right Now!"
- Holy Cow! Harry Caray Statue Tagged! Another Omen for 2011 Season?
- Video: Twins Joe Mauer Sings in 'Explore Minnesota' Advertisement
- Pictures: LA Angels Rookie Hazing Day: Mike Trout Dressed as Lady GaGa and more!