Congratulations to Jim Leyland who became just the 18th manager to work 3000 games Sunday night, as his Detroit Tigers swept the Chicago White Sox at US Cellular Field 9-7 in 11 innings. Leyland’s first big league managerial job was with the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1986-1996, where he won two Manager of the Year trophies, and led the Pirates to three consecutive National League Championship Series (1990-1992). In 1997, he led the Florida Marlins to their first World Series Championship. He spent the 1999 season as manager for the Colorado Rockies, but walked away from the last two years of his contract. In 2005, the Detroit Tigers announced Leyland as manager for the 2006 and promptly took their first World Series appearance in 22 years.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Minnesota Twins Rookie Hazing Pictures
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- San Francisco Giants Brian Wilson: "I Want to RAGE Right Now!"
- Holy Cow! Harry Caray Statue Tagged! Another Omen for 2011 Season?
- Video: Twins Joe Mauer Sings in 'Explore Minnesota' Advertisement
- Pictures: LA Angels Rookie Hazing Day: Mike Trout Dressed as Lady GaGa and more!