A big reason the Colorado Rockies have pulled to within one game of the NL West lead has been the result Troy Tulowitzki ripping the leather off of the ball at a historic pace. Saturday, Tulo hit two more dingers to equal a modern major league record with 14 HRs in a 15-game stretch as the Rox smacked the Los Angeles Dodgers 12-2. The red-hot shortstop hit a two-run homer in the first inning, doubled in the third and added another two-run shot in the fifth against Dodgers’ rookie John Ely. Tulowitzki joined Albert Belle (1995) and Barry Bonds (2001) as the only players since 1900 to homer 14 times in a span of 15 games.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers