Facing elimination, Leslie Anderson’s bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning gave the Durham Bulls a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Clippers in International League Championship Series. The Cuban-born DH delivered a liner just deep enough to get speedy shortstop Elliot Johnson home, avoiding Clippers’ catcher Luke Carlin tag in a play at the plate. The defending IL champions scored their 16th walk-off victory, even though the Tampa Bay Rays’ farmers managed merely four hits. After two smackdowns in Columbus, the Cleveland Indians’ affiliate was hoping to complete the sweep Thursday night. Instead, the Bulls will try to force a deciding game with a victory Friday night in Durham.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 221 other followers