Facing elimination, Leslie Anderson’s bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning gave the Durham Bulls a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Clippers in International League Championship Series. The Cuban-born DH delivered a liner just deep enough to get speedy shortstop Elliot Johnson home, avoiding Clippers’ catcher Luke Carlin tag in a play at the plate. The defending IL champions scored their 16th walk-off victory, even though the Tampa Bay Rays’ farmers managed merely four hits. After two smackdowns in Columbus, the Cleveland Indians’ affiliate was hoping to complete the sweep Thursday night. Instead, the Bulls will try to force a deciding game with a victory Friday night in Durham.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Baywatch Gone Bad: Florida Marlins Rookie Hazing Videos + Pictures
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
Join 222 other subscribers