Knowledgeable Los Angeles Dodgers‘ fans probably dismissed the novelty of beating their archrivals to the north, the San Francisco Giants, 1-0 despite getting only one hit Monday night. And they did so for two good reasons: 1) the Dodgers beat their freeway semi-rivals, the Los Angeles Angels, in 2008 without getting any hits and; 2) according to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last time the Boys in Blue won a game in with exactly one hit was on September 9, 1965. The fact the Dodgers won that game against, who else, the Chicago Cubs with only one hit was insignificant considering that was the game in which legend Sandy Koufax threw his perfect game.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers