Even though interleague play started in 1997, the Chicago Cubs are finally getting around to facing the Boston Red Sox in Fenway Park according to the 2011 MLB schedule released Tuesday. The Cubs’ interleague rotation is off because of the “el”-series with the Chicago White Sox. The BoSox visited Wrigley Field in 2005. The last time the Cubs tangled with Boston at Fenway was the 1918 World Series. Obviously, the Red Sox won, but the match-up proved to have dire consequences for both franchises: Boston would not win another Championship for 86 years and, well, the Cubs are still waiting. The last regular season games the Cubs played at Fenway were against the Boston Braves in 1915.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers