Former first-round pick Lance Lynn struck out a career-high 16 batters leading the Memphis Redbirds to a 6-2 victory over the Oklahoma City Redhawks and a 3-0 sweep of their PCL semifinal series. After giving up three consecutive one-out singles in the first, putting the Redbirds in 1-0 hole, the right-hander sat down the next 20 straight Redhawks. Lynn blew away the side in the third, sixth and seventh innings and fanned nine of the final batters his faced, before handing the ball over to the bullpen in the eighth with a 6-1 advantage. The St. Louis Cardinals Triple A squad is seeking back-to-back PCL Championships. They await the winner of the Tacoma Rainiers – Sacramento River Cats series.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate