Trevor Hoffman earned his 600th career save by closing the door on the Milwaukee Brewers‘ 4-2 victory over the slumping St. Louis Cardinals last night. The 42-year old Hoffman nabbed his 600th save in 676 opportunities, though this year was a struggle to say the least. Hoffman lost his job as closer in May after posting an 11.65 ERA in his first 18 appearances. During his past 29 appearances, the MLB saves leader ERA is a more respectable 2.65. New York Yankees‘ reliever Mariano Rivera is next on the list with 555 saves; but he doesn’t enter the game to AC/DC’s Hells Bells.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate