The injury-plagued Boston Red Sox had four rookie starters lead them to a 12-5 victory against the Tampa Bay Rays Monday. After getting swept at home by the Chicago White Sox over the weekend, the BoSox were 7.5 games out of a playoff spot, so it made sense to try out a couple of more kids. Outfielders Ryan Kalish and Daniel Nava have been with the team for since July and June, respectively, due to injuries. Infielder Yamaico Navarro arrived in mid-August and first baseman Lars Anderson debuted yesterday. Kalish’s grand slam in the fourth inning gave the Red Sox an 11-2 lead.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers