The Portland Beavers, who in various incarnations, have been around almost continuously since 1903 (sans 1973-77 and 1994-2000) played their last game in the Rose City yesterday afternoon. The reason: the Beavers’ stadium PGE Park was renovated as a soccer-only stadium in order to attract Major League Soccer. As a result, the San Diego Padres Triple-A affiliate was left without a home. Of course, the original plan was to build the Beavers a baseball-only park, but that was before the economy tanked or, at least, that’s the common rhetoric. Oregonians are notorious for denying pro-sports tax dollars. Many of the more than 15,600 fans wore black during Monday’s finale, a 6-5 victory over the Las Vegas 51ers, the Toronoto Blue Jays’ top farm team.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
- Video: Boston Red Sox Groundskeepers Get Buried Alive By Tarp!
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Baywatch Gone Bad: Florida Marlins Rookie Hazing Videos + Pictures
- Hilarious Video: Kansas City Royals Groundskeeper Gets Rolled Over By Tarp
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
Join 222 other subscribers