Florida Marlins center fielder Scott Cousins first hit came in an unlikely fashion Sunday afternoon. All the fun started after the Marlins blew a 6-0 lead to the Atlanta Braves and were tied at 6 in the bottom of the 10th inning. While leading off the 10th, Emilio Bonifacio lined a foul ball smacking Marlins left fielder Logan Morrison in the cheek, while he was waiting in the on-deck circle. After Bonifacio tripled on the next pitch, Cousins, in only his second MLB at-bat, stepped-in quickly as a pinch hitter and hit a long fly ball over the head of the Braves drawn in outfield for the 7-6 walkoff win.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate