Mark Prior. ‘Member him? The former Chicago Cubs stud, who had an infamous meltdown during the 2003 NLCS because of a foul ball, has made it back to organized baseball. The Texas Rangers signed the former phenom to a minor league contract Friday. Prior, who turns 30 on Tuesday, pitched for the Orange County Flyers for a month, striking out 22 of the 44 batters he faced in 11 innings. He did not allow an earned run and opponents batted .143 against him. Prior, who has not pitched in the majors since 2006, reports to Triple A Oklahoma City. It would be great to see him in the big leagues one more time.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate
Join 222 other subscribers