Since Mat Latos returned from the DL after injuring himself in Denver while holding back a sneeze, the 22-year old Padres righty has surrendered a mere nine runs in 43.0 innings during seven starts, lowering his ERA to 2.29. After promising never to hold back a sneeze, he’s blown away opponents with 51 Ks during those starts for a 1.19 WHIP. The suddenly slumping Padres look to Latos to stop their six-game slide against those pesky Arizona Diamondbacks this afternoon.
- Rookie Hazing: New York Yankees Pop Stars Parade!
- Pic: St. Louis Cardinals website ‘moves’ team to NL WEST!
- Rookie Hazing: Colorado Rockies in Speedos!
- Video: Orioles Chris Davis Fouls a Ball into his Own Jersey!
- Hit the Deck: Twitter pix of the week: @Braves abs, ‘school’ supplies, purple kicks, @JDate