Kansas City Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar was scratched from Sunday’s lineup after a bug bite caused an infection on his right arm. The Royals say Escobar is being treated with antibiotics and is expected to miss a few days. (As soon as I get a pic of the devilish bite, I’ll update this post.) Lance Zawadzki replaced Escobar in Sunday’s lineup against the Chicago White Sox. Manager New Yost said Escobar’s arm was swollen and had red streaks after he scratched it. Escobar was one of the four players the Royals received from the Milwaukee Brewers in the trade for ace pitcher Zack Greinke. Escobar is projected to be the starting shortstop and is hitting .300 in spring training. So if you’re looking for a way to take a few days off this summer, keep the “bug bite” excuse in your files.
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial – Verlander vs. Verlander
- Reality or Comedy? Twins Auction Ball Signed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Hit The Deck! @Decker6: Funniest player you’re not following on Twitter
- Funny Video: Baseball Player’s Hilarious Batter’s Box Ritual
- Video: Kyle Lohse Channels Cardinals Manager Tony La Russa
- Picture: St. Louis Cardinals Rookie Hazing!
- Video: Bam! Memphis Redbirds Outfielders Collide
- Picture: Chicago Cubs Rookie Hazing 2011 Class Photo!
- Maxim Names Orioles Luke Scott One of Dumbest Guys in Sports
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial - Verlander vs. Verlander
- Video: Latest Baldwin Krasinski Commercial - "Call 912!"
- Target Field 'Scary, Literally Scary' Spruce Trees Evicted!
- Video: Oakland A's Host MC Hammer Bobblehead Day!
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed