The final ratings are out: Game 1 of the 2010 World Series was viewed by only 15.009 million viewers and a 4.7 in the 18-49 demographic that advertisers love. That represents a 23.1% drop in viewers and a 25.4% drop in the demo. Last year, Game 1 between the New York Yankees and the Philadelphia Phillies averaged a much heftier 19.51 million viewers and a 6.3/17 among adults 18-49. Even though the series features the #5 (Dallas-Fort Worth) and #6 (San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose) television markets, the power of so-called “national teams” like the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Dodgers and Cubs shows. Not surprisingly, these teams are always featured during the regular season on Fox and ESPN. Perhaps, if those networks showed the Rangers, who were in first place from the start, and the Giants with their incredible pitching throughout the season, the ratings might be a bit better. It’s a real shame because both teams are fun to watch with players who have real personalities. Let’s hope this one goes more than four games.
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial – Verlander vs. Verlander
- Reality or Comedy? Twins Auction Ball Signed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Hit The Deck! @Decker6: Funniest player you’re not following on Twitter
- Funny Video: Baseball Player’s Hilarious Batter’s Box Ritual
- Video: Tim Lincecum to Ryan Howard "You Stay There!!!"
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Video: St. Louis Cardinals Colby Rasmus & Adam Wainwright Share a Scary Dance in the Dugout
- Video: SF Giants Brian Wilson is "The Most Interesting Closer in the Game"
- Video: Bam! Memphis Redbirds Outfielders Collide
- Target Field 'Scary, Literally Scary' Spruce Trees Evicted!
- Video: Moth Flies into Cardinals Matt Holliday's Ear
- Pictures: CSI: LA? San Francisco Giants Aubrey Huff Chalk Outline in Dodger Stadium Outfield!
- Video + Picture: Tampa Bay Rays Cross-Country Slumber Party!