It was a strange night in St. Petersburg, Florida Wednesday for the Tampa Bay Rays’ last regular season home game in 2010. First, the night after the Rays clinched its second playoff spot in three years, the team GAVE AWAY 20,000 tickets to fill the house for the game. ”Fans” began lining up outside the Trop several hours before game time. Rays’ executives, who were proud of themselves for selling out the smallest baseball stadium, said the allotment of free tickets was exhausted about 45 minutes before the first pitch against the Baltimore Orioles. It’s truly pathetic that the team that currently sports MLB’s BEST RECORD and one of the most exciting collection of young players receives such little local support. On the plus side, after losing to the O’s, 2-0, rookie Rays looked like they were ready for a Halloween party as they strutted their stuff during the annual hazing ritual. What do you think? It’s definitely better than a drag show.
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial – Verlander vs. Verlander
- Reality or Comedy? Twins Auction Ball Signed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Hit The Deck! @Decker6: Funniest player you’re not following on Twitter
- Funny Video: Baseball Player’s Hilarious Batter’s Box Ritual
- Video: St. Louis Cardinals Colby Rasmus & Adam Wainwright Share a Scary Dance in the Dugout
- In The Pink! Toronto Blue Jays Rookie Pitcher Kyle Drabek Wears Major League Bubble on his Head
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- What's It All About?
- No Pepper - The Game
- Tampa Bay Rays Cancel Manny Ramirez Bobblehead Day
- Pictures: New York Yankees Rookie Hazing - 80s Music
- Target Field 'Scary, Literally Scary' Spruce Trees Evicted!
- Ad Campaign: NY Mets Get No Respect from a Mini-Storage Company?
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever