Matt Capps pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning to wrap up the Twins’ 6-4 victory over the Cleveland Indians for his 15th save since he was acquired from the Washington Nationals on July 29. Most importantly, the Twins’ win, before another sell-out crowd at Target Field, combined with the Chicago White Sox’s 7-2 loss to the Oakland Athletics gave the Twins the AL Central title. The righthanded reliever, who had 26 saves for the Nationals this year, is only the third pitcher to record 15 or more saves for two different teams in a season. The others to do so were Jeff Shaw in 1998 (Cincinnati Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers) and Bob Wickman in 2006 (Indians and Atlanta Braves).
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial – Verlander vs. Verlander
- Reality or Comedy? Twins Auction Ball Signed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Hit The Deck! @Decker6: Funniest player you’re not following on Twitter
- Funny Video: Baseball Player’s Hilarious Batter’s Box Ritual
- Pictures: SF Giants Brian Wilson Surprises Runners at The Giant Race Half Marathon
- Picture: St. Louis Cardinals Rookie Hazing!
- Unpretty Picture: Arizona Diamondbacks Rookies in Bikinis
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
- Viral Video: Keenan Cahill Performs "Dynamite" with SF Giants Brian Wilson & Cody Ross
- Video: Rockies Jimenez License Plate Commercial Expires with Trade to Indians
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed
- Halter Top Day: Best Promotion Ever
- Video: NCAA Baseball - Troy Trojans Record Four Outs in an Inning!