Trevor Hoffman earned his 600th career save by closing the door on the Milwaukee Brewers‘ 4-2 victory over the slumping St. Louis Cardinals last night. The 42-year old Hoffman nabbed his 600th save in 676 opportunities, though this year was a struggle to say the least. Hoffman lost his job as closer in May after posting an 11.65 ERA in his first 18 appearances. During his past 29 appearances, the MLB saves leader ERA is a more respectable 2.65. New York Yankees‘ reliever Mariano Rivera is next on the list with 555 saves; but he doesn’t enter the game to AC/DC’s Hells Bells.
- Video: High School Baseball Team Does the Hokey Pokey!
- Video: Justin Verlander Stars in Hilarious New Commercial – Verlander vs. Verlander
- Reality or Comedy? Twins Auction Ball Signed by Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Hit The Deck! @Decker6: Funniest player you’re not following on Twitter
- Funny Video: Baseball Player’s Hilarious Batter’s Box Ritual
- Video: St. Louis Cardinals Colby Rasmus & Adam Wainwright Share a Scary Dance in the Dugout
- Pictures: SF Giants Brian Wilson Surprises Runners at The Giant Race Half Marathon
- Video: UNC and Wake Forest Engage in Weather Delay Antics During ACC Championship Game
- Picture: St. Louis Cardinals Rookie Hazing!
- Unpretty Picture: Arizona Diamondbacks Rookies in Bikinis
- What's It All About?
- Video: Rockies Jimenez License Plate Commercial Expires with Trade to Indians
- Ad Campaign: NY Mets Get No Respect from a Mini-Storage Company?
- No Pepper - The Game
- Wart Hole: Pic of Minnesota Twins Cuddyer Paw After Pesky Beast Removed